Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Do You Nano?


It's Yes, November! In writer's parlance, that means it's NanoWriMo time?

What is that? Well, it's a kick start or kick-in-the-pants kind of thing, a chance to write 50,000 words in 30 days.

I tried it once. Didn't stick to it. 

I thought about it and realize, well, this year, I may do it. 

I've been outlining most of Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter 2. Toying with it. Deciding: do I or don't I write it? 

Yes, I've started it. Got a good portion done that I like though I'll likely change one plot line that is somewhat similar to the first book, Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter.  So... still thinking on that, but I can toy with it as I go along.

The main thing is now that I got over being sick this past couple weeks and actually having some time off not writing, I decided I'm going to try doing this. Nano will give me the framework to at least push through and get most of this done. Otherwise I may just keep procrastinating or talking myself out of it.

I'm not a fast writer, but I've figured out word counts to know how much I should try to get done in a week. I don't believe in writing sloppy. Filling pages to fill pages is a time-waster. But I know I can write enough to put in some quality words. I'm really interested to see that I can actually get a good working copy done in the time period given - or at least close to it. This will be a test for myself.

I've outlined a good portion of it, and some I know will come as I go along. Hoping that I don't find that black hole but once I start, I have to finish it. So, that's my idea and the goal. (Oh, and I found this cool Brainstormer Worksheet if you - or I - do get stuck.)

Anyone else doing Nano? Friend me - chrisv07

Let's all cheer each other on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer