Sunday, May 14, 2017

Lizzie Borden - 125th Anniversary of Borden Murders #horror


I'm doing sporadic new and older posts about Lizzie Borden in honor of the 125th anniversary this year of the Borden murders.

Yes, it is nothing to "celebrate," but the murders of Andrew Borden and his second wife, Abby Durfee Borden have become part of history and folklore. Who hasn't heard that little ditty... Lizzie Borden took an axe, and gave her mother 40 whacks...

The real crime that August 4th morning of 1892 is no less horrific, even if the rhyme has the numbers wrong. See Borden autopsy reports

Though Lizzie Borden, the younger spinster daughter/stepdaughter, was charged with the crimes, the jury declared her not guilty of the crimes on June 20, 1893.  

Did she do it? What do you say? 


Let's hear what the fictional Lizzie, based on my book, Lizzie Borden, Zombie Hunter, has to say for herself:

What are you doing now?

Reading. I found a rather unusual book of poetry recently published called The shadow of death: poems, songs, and sonnets written by Eric Stenbock. Given recent turns of events, it fit my mood rather well.


 What keeps you awake at night?
Not what you think.

 Are you a glass half empty or half full person?
I would say half full. I’ve learned there are things you can’t control in your life, so it’s best to look forward.

What is it about Fall River that keeps you here?
I was born here and prefer to die here. No matter what others think of me, this is my home and always will be.

If you could have a five-minute conversation with anyone living or dead, who would it be?
I would ask my father one question: Why?
--Christine Verstraete

Amazon link - all countries


About LizzieBorden, Zombie Hunter by C.A. Verstraete:


Every family has its secrets…

One hot August morning in 1892, Lizzie Borden picked up an axe and murdered her father and stepmother. Newspapers claim she did it for the oldest of reasons: family conflicts, jealousy and greed. But what if her parents were already dead? What if Lizzie slaughtered them because they’d become zombies?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer