Friday, May 1, 2015

Exit Humanity (2011)

Last weekend, my husband and I watched Exit Humanity. Here’s the description:

In the aftermath of the Civil War an unexplained outbreak of the walking dead claims the life of Edward Young’s wife while his son disappears. This sets him off on a harrowing journey into the plagued countryside facing off challenges not just from the ferocious undead but also from the living.

And here’s the trailer:



I found out about this film from a blog post that listed zombie flicks you probably haven’t seen but should. I can’t find the link, but there are several posts out there and several more zombie flicks I need to see. However, at the time, this one looked intriguing, so I checked it out.

At first, I was a bit worried about the almost 2-hour running time. I have a bit of a short attention span, and there’s only so many things you can do in a zombie flick, but I was ready to give it a try.

It dragged a bit. It was definitely almost too long, but it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. It was fairly typical and predictable, but what zombie film isn’t? Again, there’s only so many things you can do with the undead.

As with most zombie films, the main point is not about the living dead, but about the living and what needs to be done to survive. It’s about how society falls apart and what some misguided souls will do to put it back together. It was about one man’s mission to regain his humanity after losing his family.

I would recommend this film. Like I said, it was a little long, but it had some cool features. The cuts to animation were intriguing, and (as it should) it re-ignites faith in humanity during the bleakest of times.

Has anyone else watched this movie? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer