Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Normal Life During a #Zombie Apocalypse?


When  it comes to zombie invasions, my thinking is different. In my book, GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie, life goes on.

As the main character, Becca, and many other teens and adults only turn part-zombie, their life is still somewhat normal except for certain changes. They try to go to school, they travel, and while they run into - and fight off - the full  zombies - it is not every single minute of the day. The full zombies are out there however, just not everywhere... and that appears to bother some readers.

But... look at The Walking Dead. Yes, the world has fallen apart but--- there are many scenes and instances where there are NO zombies present. They walk for "miles" without any sightings or being able to hide with zombies simply passing by. They sometimes do "normal" things although with some restrictions given their life in a dystopian-type society.

Someone pointed out to me that it's the same in Pride, Prejudice and Zombies (which I admit I have to finish reading). In that, they fight zombies, but... life goes on. They go to parties, they do their "normal" life things.  It's life  - with zombies.

I guess that is how I tend to look at it  - differently. To me, zombies don't have to be everywhere... they can wreak havoc on a certain area, in certain places, for a certain reason, but people still have moments of normalcy. The problem can be regional, and differ from block to block or area to area. The full society doesn't have to fall. Not always. Why should it have to always be that way would be my question? 

I'm interested in hearing what others think. 



   
 GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie - (see prologue on website

 What happens when you're 16 and turn part-zombie?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer