Monday, August 25, 2014

End of the World Words...

As a "zombie" and horror writer, this blog is, of course, in touch with apocalyptic events and end-of-world scenarios. In fiction.

In real life, I have, of course, thought about the things that I and others, I'm sure, never heard before and never expected to hear in our lifetimes. The news can leave you crying and weeping if you think on it too much. Faith comes in handy then for sure.

On the flip side, I guess that's why I like writing fiction, horror, and about zombies. Zombies are a symbol of the things we fear most - a symbol of utter chaos, fear, and horror, the end of "regular life" that, in the end, can be vanquished and life can be returned somewhat to "normal.". After all it is fiction and in my stories, at least, I still want the good guys to win.

In the past few years, who would ever imagine we would hear of the following things as real-life events:

Tsunamis
Giant sinkholes
Beheadings
Caliphates
Islamic states
Ebola
Antiobiotic-resistant drugs
Level 5 tornadoes
Land levels rising
Lakes disappearing

I'm sure there are others I have missed. And sadly, I'm sure there are others that will yet be added to the list.

  GIRL Z: My Life as a Teenage Zombie is one girl's experience of what life is like when she turns part-zombie: part humor, part angst, part fear of the unknown. You can also read it free on Kindle Unlimited.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer