Friday, October 18, 2013

Zombie TV

The Walking Dead started its fourth season on Sunday.  I have no idea if that’s a good or bad thing.  I don’t watch the series.  I tried, I really, really tried, but the characters drove me absolutely nuts.  There’s no way that many idiots could survive together.  I stopped watching half way through season 2.  I didn’t have the time or the patience anymore.  Still, it seems to have an appeal to a lot of people.  And my sister and friend assure me that it gets better over time.  Eventually, I will find out.  I will be watching the entire series for research for my nonfiction book.  I’m not sure how I feel about that.

Even the MythBusters are getting in on the zombie phenomena.  They have a show dedicated to putting humans to the test to see if they could survive against the walking dead.  Looks utterly fascinating!


I’ve noticed that there seems to be a real push for horror on TV lately.  I saw an ad for a new show called Dracula, which, I assume, will be about vampires.  This is in addition to Sleepy Hollow, Once Upon a Time, and Grim--just to name a few.  Trust me, there are a slew of other horror shows out there.  There's nothing new with having horror on TV, but it is definitely a lot darker and more main stream than it used to be.  

I'm not complaining.  I'm incredibly happy that horror is finding such a niche in the TV world.  Horror is my favorite genre, and I love that the rest of the world gets to enjoy it.  I would love to see some more. It would be thrilling to see a YA zombie series.  I think that would be great.  You think Nickelodeon or the Disney Channel are looking for pitches?

The only thing that makes me sad is I don't have enough time to watch all of these shows.  Maybe one day...

What kinds of horror shows would you like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer