Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Happy 200th to Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (and yes, zombies)

 As Jane Austen's classic Pride and Prejudice just marked its 200th anniversary, what better way to celebrate than mention that "other" classic, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?

When this whole "mash-up" thing with classic literature began, I admit thinking it was funny, but I wasn't too interested at first. Okay, I'm slow. I now have a copy of the aforementioned book in hand and seeing the great illustrations and funny lines, I wonder why I waited so long?

So, England is overrun with zombies and the genteel ladies are fighting off zombie hordes? haaa! The cover, of course, has long been a favorite.

Adding in a mention for Two Sentence Tuesday, how can you resist these lines from PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith:

Line under one illustration:
"Elizabeth lifted her skirt, disregarding modesty, and delivered a swift kick to the creature's head."

Another great illustration and line:
"The wedding took place, and no one but Elizabeth seemed to suspect the bride's condition."


t

2 comments:

Comment Here Unless You're a Spammer